Do you find it very difficult and painful to get up in the morning? This might be called laziness, but Dr. Kleitman has a new explanation. He has proved that everyone has a daily energy cycle.
During the hours when your labor through your work you may say that you’re “hot”. That’s true. The time of day when you feel most energetic is when your cycle of body temperature is at its peak. For some people the peak comes during the forenoon. For others it comes in the afternoon or evening. No one has discovered why this is so, but it leads to such familiar monologues as: “Get up, Peter! You’ll be late for work again!” The possible explanation to the trouble is that Peter is at his temperature-and-energy peak in the evening. Much family qu广安癫痫治疗医院arrelling ends when husbands and wives realize what these energy cycles mean, and which cycle each member of the family has.
You can’t change your energy cycle, but you can learn to make your life fit if better. Habit can help, Dr. Kleitman believes. Maybe you’re sleepy in the evening but feel you must stay up late anyway. Counteract your cycle to some extent by habitually staying up later than you want to. If your energy is low in the morning, but you have an important to do early in the day, rise before your usual hour. This won’t change your cycle, but you’ll get up steam and work better at your low point.
Get off to a slow start which saves your energy. Get up with a leisurely yawn and stretch. Sit on the edge of the be昆明市军海癫痫病医院收费贵吗d a minute before putting your feet on the floor. Avoid the troublesome search for clean clothes by laying them out the night before. Whenever possible, do routine work in the afternoon and save requiring more energy or concentration for your sharper hours.
51. If a person finds getting up early a problem, most probably ________.
[A] he is a lazy person.
[ B ] he refuses to follow his own energy cycle.
[C] he is not sure when his energy is low.
[D] he is at his peak in the afternoon or evening.
52. Which of the following may lead to family quarrels according to the passage?
[AJ Unawareness of energy cycles.
[B] Familiar monologues.
[C]A chan贵州治疗癫痫最好的医院ge in a family member’s energy cycle.
[D] Attempts to control the energy cycle of other family members.
53. If one wants to work efficiently at his low point in the morning, he should __________.
[A]change his energy cycle
[B] overcome his laziness
[C]get up earlier than usual
[D] go to bed earlier
54. You are advised to rise with a yawn and stretch because it will __________.
[A] help to keep your energy for the day’s work.
[B] help you to control your temper early in the day
[C] enable you to concentrate on your routine work
[D] keep your energy your energy cycle under control all day
55. Which of the fo治癫痫哪里好llowing statements is NOT true?
[A] Getting off to work with a minimum effort helps save one’s energy.
[B] Dr. Kletman explains why people reach their peaks at different hours of day.
[C] Habit helps a person adapt to his own energy cycle.
[D] Children have energy cycles, too.
51. D 第二段“The possible explanation to the trouble is that Peter is at his temperature-and-energy peak in the evening”。
52. A 第二段最后一句
53. C 第三段“If your energy is low in the morning, but you have an important job to do early in the day, rise before your usual hour”。
54. A 最后一段第一行
55. B 文章开头提到可莱曼特博士有一种新的解释，证明每个人都有一个每日的能量周期，但是后文也提到了每人能解释这个周期。